There are three fabulous competitions to be judged by local artist, Joe Hesketh:
- Best Hallowe’en Fancy Dress to be judged under the Market Canopy at 2 p.m. Enter on the day for free. Slimy and sticky seasonal prizes.
- Best Decorated Adults and Children’s Pumpkins to be displayed in our Spooky Marquee at the entrance to the Library. Judging is at 1.30 pm, with prizes awarded at 3.30 p.m. Free to enter, but please call Naomi on 01282 861888 to enter. Pumpkins to be dropped off outside the Library between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. and picked up between 3.30 – 4 p.m.
- Best Shop Window Display Free to enter, but please call Naomi on 01282 861888 to enter, so we don’t miss you on our judging tour of the town.
Colne Town Council has laid on numerous town centre attractions throughout the day:
- Ghoulish Terrifying Tales told throughout the Day at:
- The Library with Sue Allonby: 10.30 a.m., 11 a.m. & 12 p.m.
- The Bookshop with James Bateman: 12 p.m., 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m.
- Free themed helium balloons being given out from 11 a.m.
- Fantastic Free Frightening Face Painting 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. in The Market Hall
- Seasonal Food stalls featuring toffee apples, cinder toffee, spooky slushies, and much more…
- Creepy Colne Town Council Marquee outside the Library, lit by Colne’s children’s creepy competition pumpkins
- Spooky Spiders’ Webs and Mysterious Mini Witches Hats free workshop for children with Val and Maureen in The Market: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Frightening Fun Fair Rides 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Parliament Street Car Park, in front of The Library and Hartley Square
- Nortorious Nursery Market 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Terrifying Dance Routines by Helen Green’s School of Dancing from 2.30 p.m. outside The Market