Colne Town Council are excited to be able to now offer the Town Hall as a wedding Venue

Following major changes to the downstairs layout of Colne Town Hall, Colne Town Council is delighted to offer the hall for use as a wedding venue for the solemnisation of Marriages and the Registration of Civil Partnerships.

In addition to the Council Chamber being licensed, the Mayor’s Parlour can be used for ceremonies. This allows Colne Town Council to cater for small ceremonies of up to 15 people in the Mayor’s Parlour and up to 75 people in the Council Chamber.

With a substantial investment from Colne Town Council to the downstairs of the Town Hall, there is also ample space for drinks receptions.

For more information about this please contact the team at Colne Town Council on [email protected] or 01282 861888.

Weddings – FAQs

Can I have my Wedding at Colne Town Hall?

Yes, Colne Town Hall is a licensed venue for Weddings and Civil Partnerships.

Does Colne Town Council arrange the registrar?

No, you have to arrange the registrar, to do this call Lancashire County Council on 0300 123 6705.

Can we have our Wedding photos taken at Colne Town Hall?

Yes, the Town Hall is the perfect location to capture the most amazing Wedding photos. 

What rooms are available to hire for our Wedding?

At Colne Town Hall, we have the choice of two rooms for you to hold your Wedding. The Council Chamber is the bigger of the two rooms which has a capacity of 90 people. We also have the Mayor’s Parlour which has a capacity of 15 people for smaller intimate Weddings.

Can we have music played during the ceremony?

Yes, the Council Chamber has a full sound system so you can have music play whilst your guests are arriving, whilst walking down the aisle, whilst signing the register and when leaving the ceremony. 

Can we have our Wedding Reception at the Town Hall?

Yes, we have our recently refurbished function room which is the perfect place to celebrate your Wedding, you can have the room set out however you like. 

Can we have music played for our reception?

Yes, you can either bring in a DJ (all we ask is all their equipment is PAT tested) or we can supply a sound system and lighting rig for a small additional fee. 

Do you offer catering packages?

We can arrange for a buffet to be put on for your Reception. Just let us know how many people it is for and we can price it up. Alternatively, you can arrange your own.

Do you offer drinks packages?

Yes, we can offer drink packages for your toasts. We can cater for most drinking requirements, just ask!

Can we come and view the Town Hall for our Wedding?

Yes, please just contact Nathan on 01282 861888 or at [email protected] to arrange a viewing. 

Skip to content