PRESERVING HISTORIC COLNE
Love historic Colne? Want to preserve the buildings of Bonnie Colne-on-the-Hill? Policies 3, 4 and 6 our Draft Plan deal with the Heritage of Colne and what we would like to do to preserve it. In our poster, Local Historian, Geoff Crambie, is pointing at the last standing section of Colne’s Georgian former Piece Hall which was pulled down by the then council in 1953. We don’t want this kind of thing to ever happen again!
- Perhaps you would like to suggest a building for our Colne List of special buildings that are not nationally listed? Take a look at the Draft List here.
- What makes Colne distinctive? And how can we enhance it in the future?
- Are there any bits of town that are really special to you? Please tell us where!
- What new building materials should be used?
- Would you like to see more street trees?
- What kind of streets patterns should we emulate as the town grows?